My Tutti Frutti FudgeFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 18 oz. good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 8 oz. whole marshmallows, cut up in bite size pieces shopping list
- 2 cups coarse chopped nuts ( walnuts, pecans, macadamias etc. ) shopping list
- 1 8 oz. jar marachino cherries chopped and drained well shopping list
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (optional ) shopping list
- 1 can evaporated ( not condensed ) milk shopping list
- 2 sticks butter or margarine shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups white granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare on a dry day: ( It sets up better )
- Butter the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch oblong pan.
- In a large bowl combine the chocolate chips, cherries , nuts and cut up marshmallows and set aside.
- In a large heavy ( good quality ) saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add and stir in sugar and milk.
- Increase heat to medium and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Once a rolling boil, boil 10 minutes only stirring now and then.
- After the 10 minutes pour the mixture over the reserved chocolate, nuts, cherries and marshmallows stirring to melt chocolate but leave marshmallows partially unmelted.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into the buttered pan.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Chill and cut.
- Note: this fudge recipe is very versatile.
- You may stir coconut into mixture if desired or even omit it.
- You may use raisins instead of nuts or substitute
- candied pineapple for the cherries etc.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
This sounds wonderful. Who doesn't like fudge? It's my comfort food. Great posting, Thanks
Paulapaulasue1 in Litchfield Park loved it
Thanks for a great post got my 5!desertgal in Billings loved it
yum.. will add this to the Christmas candy list.. 5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it