Asparagus Leek and Potato SoupFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 medium leeks trimmed shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed shopping list
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons finely minced fresh chives shopping list
How to make it
- Trim leeks of all but 2-inches of greens then rinse well and thinly slice.
- Peel and dice the asparagus stalks reserving tips.
- In a large heavy casserole melt the butter over low heat.
- Add leeks, potatoes and asparagus stalks and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes covered.
- Cool soup slightly.
- With a slotted spoon remove 1 cup of the vegetables and reserve.
- Transfer the remaining soup to a blender and process until smooth.
- Return the pureed soup to the casserole and place over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus tips and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved cooked vegetables and cream and simmer 5 minutes longer.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!