Bacon Wrapped Wine Poached Dried FigsFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
How to make it
- Put figs, wine and bay leaf into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover the pan and simmer gently until figs have softened, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to simmer until wine is thick and reduced to just a few tablespoons.
- Remove from heat and cool in the pan.
- Fill a small saucepan with water, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add bacon and cook 5 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Carefully lift figs out of the wine.
- Make a slit in the side of each fig and push a piece of cheese into the soft center.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around the fig and secure with a toothpick or small metal skewer.
- Set filled and wrapped figs in a small baking dish.
- Bake figs until bacon is browned, turning them once so bacon browns evenly.
- Remove baking dish from the oven and carefully transfer figs to a warm platter.
- Drizzle with the reduced wine and serve warm.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!