Louisiana-style Smothered Okra And ChickenFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 chicken shopping list
- seasoned salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 yellow onion diced shopping list
- 1 lg bell pepper diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic chopped shopping list
- 2 links of garlic sausage cubed shopping list
- 1, 48 oz bag and 1, 16 oz bag okra shopping list
- 1, 16 oz can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 2, 16 oz cans hot rotel brand tomatoes ( chopped toamtoes with chili peppers ) shopping list
- 1 bag of large shrimp shopping list
- cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Cut up chicken, season chicken with salt and pepper and cook in skillet.
- When cooked, remove bones , dice and set aside .
- In large pot coated with oil cook onion, pepper and garlic.
- Add diced chicken and stir to brown.
- Add sausage and more oil if needed to prevent sticking.
- Cook and stir 15 minutes.
- Add okra and then add tomato sauce with 1/2 cup water and cook /stir another 15 minutes.
- Add the Rotel tomatoes and shrimp with another 1/2 cup water and shakes of seasoning salt.
- Simmer about 1/2 hr or until shrimp are cooked.
- Serve over cooked hot rice.