Walnut Chiffon CakeFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 7 eggs, separated and at room temperature shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups (560 ml) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) cold water shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 ml) maple extract shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cream of tartar shopping list
- For the topping: shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream shopping list
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) instant coffee shopping list
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) sugar shopping list
- walnut halves for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the egg yolks, flour, sugar, water, oil, baking powder, vanilla, maple, and salt in a mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Whip the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form and fold into the batter.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour into a greased tube pan and bake in a preheated 325F (160C) oven for 20 minutes.
- Increase the heat to 350F (180C) and bake an additional 35 minutes or done
- Invert the tube pan for at least 1 hour before removing the cake.
- Whip the heavy cream, instant coffee, and sugar until soft peaks form and spoon over cake.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
This cake sounds luscious! Another great post and high 5!juels in Clayton loved it
Good To Freeze130 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Christmas All Year183 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Companys Coming115 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members
Afternoon Tea13 members
Cake OLicious60 members
International Baking67 members