Hoosier Crumb CakeFrom blueeyes68ky 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 cups packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk* shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- whipped cream and fresh mint, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Add flour; mix until blended.
- Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- To the remaining mixture, add egg, buttermilk, vanilla, baking soda and salt; stir just until blended.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the reserved flour mixtue.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired.
- Yield 12-16 servings.
- *Editor's Note: To sour milk, place 1 tablespoon white vinegar in a measuring cup; add milk to measure 1 cup.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating6 people
This sounds so good.spoil_me2 in Canton loved it
oh sooo good!herby in Albany loved it
yeah thats my cake alright yummy high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it