Pumpkin And Mushroom Enchiladas With Green SauceFrom sola 7 years ago
- 1 lb,Calabaza,pumpkin or Hubbard squash,cut into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 cup mushrooms,sliced thinly shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach,thawed and squeezed of extra liquid shopping list
- 1/2 cup bell pepper,green or red,chopped fine shopping list
- 1/3 cup,minced onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 5 tbls.olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbls.chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp.ground cumin shopping list
- 1-2 tsp.chili flakes or less to taste cayenne pepper shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1 16 ounce jar,good quality tomatillo green salsa shopping list
- 2 cups,grated Monterey Jack or white cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 scallion,chopped,green part only shopping list
- 6 corn tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place pumpkin in a medium bowl,add 1 tablespoon chili powder,cumin,1/2 tsp.chili flakes and salt to taste,add 3 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat.Place mixture on a foil lined cookie sheet and roast in oven 20-25 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
- While pumpkin in oven,saute vegetables;
- In a medium frying pan heat on medium-high,add remaining oilive oil.Add mushrooms,onion,bell pepper and garlic.Sprinkle on remaining chili powder,a pinch or so of chili flakes and salt & pepper to taste.When onions are translucent and mushrooms are soft,add spinach,stir until heated through.Remove and place in a medium bowl.
- Combine 1/3 cup coconut milk and 1 cup prepared green salsa in a small bowl,stirring all together.Set aside.
- Warm tortillas;on a large microwavable plate,place a damp paper towel,stack the tortillas on top and cover with another damp paper towel.Microwave to warm and soften for 60 seconds on high.Keep in microwave until ready to use.
- When pumpkin is cooked,remove from oven.Add to the spinach,mushroom mixture,stir and mash pumpkin with a fork to combine.Adding any more salt,pepper or chili flakes if desired.
- Coat the bottom of a glass or ceramic baking dish,2 qt size or 9X9,with 1/2 cup of the plain prepared green salsa.On a clean flat surface,place one tortilla,keeping the rest of the tortillas covered until ready to use.Place about 2 tbls.grated cheese on tortilla,spoon about 2 tbls. of pumpkin mixture on top.Roll up tortilla and place seam down on bottom of baking dish.Repeat filling the remaining tortillas.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on top of filled tortillas in dish.Add the coconut/green salsa,covering all the tortillas.Add more cheese,to desired amount,at least 1/2 cup.Sprinkle chopped scallion on top.
- Cover dish with foil or lid,if it comes with one.Bake 25 minutes at 350.Let cool 10 minutes in dish before serving.
- *You can make this completely vegan by using soy cheese or omitting cheese all together