Sweet Potato PancakesFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 1 sweet potato, large shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 3 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (plus more for topping, if desired) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- Nonstick spray OR oil to moisten skillet shopping list
- maple syrup OR your favorite topping shopping list
How to make it
- Roast the sweet potato... Time out! Just throw the potato in the microwave and cook it. Sweet potatoes do not suffer a flavor change from being nuked!
- Combine flour, salt, brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder in large bowl.
- In separate bowl whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- Blend the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Mash the sweet potato in a bowl.
- Add the honey, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
- Stir potato mixture into the batter.
- Allow batter to stand for 1 hour.
- Cook the pancakes on a nonstick OR well-oiled griddle or skillet.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto griddle and cook until air bubbles appear.
- Flip pancake.
- Cook other side until pancake is firm to the touch.
- Keep tha pancakes warm in a 200 degree F. oven until ready to serve.
- Drizzle with maple syrup OR your favorite topping.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating1 people
Oh..these sound fabulous! I love sweet potatoes, and I bet these are delicious all by them selves, with just a little whipped butter. I will be making these soon...Thank you! ^5lori4flavor in Chicago loved it