Coconut CakeFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure almond extract shopping list
- 3 cups cake flour (not self-rising) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 4 ounces sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease OR spray two 9" round cake pans.
- Cream together butter and sugar in bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the eggs.
- Mix well
- Add vanilla and almond extracts.
- Mix well
- With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk. and in three additions.
- Be sure to begin and end with dry mix.
- Fold in the coconut with a spatula.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes OR until cakes test done.
- Remove cakes from oven.
- Cool pans on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Turn cakes out to cool completely.
- To assemble cake, place one layer top side down on a serving platter.
- Spread with frosting.
- Place the second layer on top, top side down.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of the cake and press onto the sides.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating1 people
Luv coconut cake wow! has to be delicous thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it