Perfect Indoor Filet MignonFrom dmiller64116 6 years ago
How to make it
- Rub pepper into filets. Allow to stand at room temperature approximately 15 minutes while oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- After oven is heated, melt bacon fat in skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add filets to skillet and cook 3 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
- Move skillet to oven and cook 6 - 8 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove skillet from oven, tent with aluminum foil and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.