Home Made Baked BeansFrom mr_rob 6 years ago
- 1 pound dried great northern beans shopping list
- 1 pound bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 jalapenos, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Soak beans in a plastic container overnight in just enough cold water to submerge them completely.
- the next day..............
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place a cast iron Dutch oven over medium heat and stir in the bacon, onion, and jalapenos until enough fat has rendered from the bacon to soften the onions, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, dark brown sugar, and molasses.
- Drain the beans and reserve the soaking liquid.
- Add the drained beans to the Dutch oven.
- Place the soaking liquid in a measuring cup and add enough vegetable broth to equal 4 cups of liquid.
- Add the liquid to the Dutch oven and bring to a boil over high heat. Add in cayenne, black pepper and salt.
- Give them a stir and cover with the lid.
- Place the Dutch oven in the oven for 6 to 8 hours, or until the beans are tender.
The Cookmr_rob St Cloud, MN
The Rating3 people
This is da bomb. I love that it has just enough pepper and spice to keep it interesting. Good stuff.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Sounds like this might really work. Most of the baked bean recipes that I have tried are disappointing but this looks great. Thanksdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!