Sausage and Escarole SoupFrom helewes 10 years ago
- 1 small head escarole shopping list
- 2 cans white cannelini beans drained shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 pounds bulk sweet Italian sausage shopping list
- 1 medium potato diced shopping list
- 1 medium onion diced shopping list
- 1 carrot diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic chopped fine shopping list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 containers of 32 ounce chicken broth (64 oz ) shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
How to make it
- Crumble sausage in olive oil with diced onion, and garlic, saute until sausage is slightly crispy.
- Add diced potato, and diced carrot, saute just until tender.
- Add drained and rinsed beans, chop escarole and add into mixture.
- Pour chicken broth and 1 cup of water into pot. Bring to a fast boil. Turn down to a simmer. Simmer 25 or 30 minutes. Taste, then add salt and pepper. Cool just a few minutes. Serve with a fresh loaf of sliced country bread for dipping