Roasted Pepper And Tomato SauceFrom mercsailor 4 years ago
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 bell peppers, cored and seeded, chopped into large pieces. I use a combination of red and yellow. shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed. shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil. shopping list
- 2 T balsamic vinegar. shopping list
- sea salt. shopping list
- black pepper. shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well and place in shallow baking dish.
- Place under broiler for 15 minutes.
- Stir well, and place under broiler for 15 more minutes, or until peppers are done.
- Puree mixture with imersion blender, or food processor in batches.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before refridgerating if not using right away.
The Cookmercsailor South Bend, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!