Mushoom Soup Zupa GrzybowaFrom lumpy1 7 years ago
- 2/3 cup dried mushrooms shopping list
- 2 quarts/8 cups (vegetable broth) water plus vegeta brand seasoning shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided into 2 and 4 tablespoons shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 5 tablespoons flour (besan/chickpea) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 8oz (6 tbs) sour cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill shopping list
How to make it
- Pour boiling water over dried mushrooms to cover and let stand a few minutes to soften. remove and rinse well, then boil in the stock until tender; remove when done, chop and return to the stock.
- melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a frying pan, and saute the onion and fresh mushrooms in it until lightly golden. add to the stock.
- melt the remaining butter (4 tablespoons) in a small saucepan and stir in the flour, without browning. add a few tablespoons of hot stock and stir until smooth and then add to the soup. season with salt and pepper.
- just before serving, stir in the sour creamand sprinkle with dill.
- may be served with small flat noodles or dumplings (recipe for dumplings next, after recipe for christmas eve barszcz).
- makes 8 servings.