Sausage Pepper and Caramelized Onion FrittataFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- 1 medium sized yukon gold potato, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 pound (220g) breakfast sausage shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely diced jalapeño pepper shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 6-8 eggs, enough to fill the skillet shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium pot, boil potatoes in salted water (throw in about 1 teaspoon salt when water is boiling) until tender, about 6-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees, Celsius).In a cast iron skillet*, cook sausage over medium heat. Add in onion, and continue cooking until sausage is browned and onions begin to caramelize.
- Add olive oil to pan. Stir in peppers, potatoes, and thyme. Allow the potatoes to brown in the pan, and stir occasionally to brown in other sides.
- Shake the skillet, ensuring all ingredients are well-dispersed in the bottom of the skillet. Sprinkle with two-thirds of the cheese.
- Crack eggs in a separate bowl, and scramble with a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Pour over sausage mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- *If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can use a skillet that is oven safe. If you don’t have one of those, simply turn the stove to very low and cover. Cook until heated through.
The Cooklillyann Colorado Springs, CO
The Rating2 people
mmmmmm i love this ........yummmmm thank you
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it