Chocolate Chip Butter BallsFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- 2 1/4- cups bleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 -teasp[oon baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 - teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2- pound ( 16 tablespoons) or 2 sticks -- unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/3- cup plus 2- tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4- cup finely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 2- teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4- cup miniature semi-sweet chocoalte chips shopping list
- about 2 cups powdered sugar for dredging the baked cookies shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f.
- line several heavy cookie sheets or rimmed sheet pans with cooking parchment.....
- sift the flour , baking powder, and salt onto the a sheet of wax paper
- place the melted butter in a large mixing bowl
- add the sugar and mix in it with a wooden spoon
- the melted butter- sugar mixture will appear somewhat lumpy... ok.....
- blend in the chopped walnuts and vanilla extract
- stir in the half of the sifted mixture and blend it into form a dough
- let the dough rest for 10 minutes
- spoon up rounded 1- tablespoon-size quantities of dough and roll into plump balls
- arrange the balls of dough 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets placing 12 on each pan
- bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 14 to 15 minutes or until set and light golden on the bottom
- let the cookies stand on the pan for 1 minute then carefully remove them to cooling racks...
- cool for 10 minutes
- carefully dredge the warm cookies in the powdered sugar to coat them .......
- transfer to large sheet of waxed paper to finish cooling
- once cool dredge them again in the powdered sugar lightly ......
- makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating5 people
Looks and sounds fantastic! High 5 and thanks for the great post!juels in Clayton loved it
I'll turn into a butterball if I eat all these! They look & sound delicious.jett2whit in Union City loved it
This is a terrible recipe. I was planning to double it and melted 1 lb. of butter before I read through it. I realized that it has a mistake and calls for baking powder twice. I had no idea if I should also use baking soda for one, or which one of ...moreAgnes01 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!