Puree of Butternut SquashFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 medium butternut squash cut in half lengthwise and seeded shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups minced white onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup peeled minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place squash cut side down in bottom of a roasting pan.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth to pan and cook 50 minutes.
- Let squash cool slightly then scoop out flesh away from skin and reserve flesh.
- In medium skillet heat the oil over medium high heat.
- When hot add onion and ginger then cook until soft and golden about 10 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to cooked squash and puree in bowl of a food processor.
- As squash is pureeing add enough of the remaining chicken stock to create a smooth mixture.
- Stir in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper.