London Broil SaladFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 pound flank steak cut into strips shopping list
- 1 large head romaine lettuce torn shopping list
- 3 tomatoes cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 wedge pecorino romano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, thyme, marjoram, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place the meat in a shallow nonreactive dish just large enough to hold it flat.
- Pour half of the vinaigrette over the meat and turn to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours turning occasionally.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining vinaigrette.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over high heat.
- Remove the meat from the marinade reserving the marinade.
- Grill the meat over the hottest part of a charcoal fire or directly over the heat elements of a gas grill turning once or twice and brushing with the reserved marinade for up to 5 minutes before the meat is done approximately 15 minutes.
- Transfer the meat to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice across the grain reserving any meat juices that accumulate.
- In a large bowl toss the lettuce with the reserved vinaigrette then divide the lettuce evenly among individual plates.
- Arrange the meat over the lettuce then arrange the tomato wedges around the meat dividing evenly.
- Drizzle the steak with any accumulated meat juices.
- Using a vegetable peeler or paring knife shave the cheese and sprinkle the shavings over the salad and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!