Simple Pasta PuttanescaFrom hollyeats 7 years ago
- 2 28-oz. cans crushed/chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 TBS olive oil shopping list
- 2 large cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 1/2 TBS small green capers shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives shopping list
- 2 TBS fresh minced basil leaves shopping list
- 4 minced or smashed anchovy fillets shopping list
- Fresh-grated black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 lb. penne (or other chunky) pasta shopping list
- Plenty of fresh-grated Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, sauté garlic in olive oil until soft but not browned.
- Add red pepper flakes, capers and olives and stir.
- Pour in the tomatoes and add the basil leaves, anchovies and pepper. Stir well, bring to boiling and lower heat.
- Simmer on medium heat 15 minutes or while making pasta.
- Cook pasta al denté and drain. Toss with sauce and serve with lots of Parmesan.
- Don't add extra salt! The anchovies and cheese provide more than enough.