Sauteed Greens With Tomatoes And White BeansFrom mattandmaren 6 years ago
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 2 bunches of greens - I've used kale, chard and mustard greens. Any very firm green, or mix of greens, will do - the mustard greens were a tad spicy. shopping list
- 2 bunches of broccolini shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 pint grape (or other small, sweet) tomatoes shopping list
- 1 14-15 ounce can of white beans, rinsed and drained (I usually use cannellini beans) shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Trim the coarse main vein/stem out of your greens and tear into bite sized pieces.
- Trim just the florets off of the broccolini (I reserve the stems for vegetable stock)
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large saute or frying pan. Add the garlic and saute until it sizzles. Then add the greens, broccolini and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and saute until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer this to a warm serving platter.
- Add a couple more tablespoons of olive oil and toss in the tomatoes (careful - they splatter quite badly!) and cook until the skins brown and the tomatoes begin to split, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the white beans and cook 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Spoon the bean-tomato mixture over the greens, garnish with the parmigiano-reggiano and serve immediately.