Almond Wreath CookiesFrom kidaria 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 c chopped almonds shopping list
- 1 1/3 c flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 c butter, room temp shopping list
- 1 c white sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1 c icing sugar shopping list
- milk shopping list
- 1/4 c sliced almonds shopping list
- colourful sprinkles shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar and add 1 tsp each of vanilla and almond extract.
- Stir in flour, chopped almonds and salt.
- Wrap in saran and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
- Roll dough and cut with your favourite cutter. I use a wreath shaped one.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden. Do not over cook.
- Cool on a rack.
- Mix icing sugar, milk, remaining almond and vanilla extracts for form a glaze.
- Brush over warm cookies and decorate with almond slices and sprinkles.