Cream of Onion SoupFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 2 Extra-large OR 4 medium onions shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- fresh ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 3 drops hot red pepper sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Peel onions and slice very thin.
- In a saucepan melt the butter.
- Add onion.
- Saute until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour and salt.
- Gradually add chicken stock, stirring constantly.
- Cover and simmer, over low heat, for about 10 minutes OR until onions are very tender.
- Add milk and cream.
- Take a little hot soup and, stirring constantly, the beaten egg yolks.
- Add egg yolk mixture to the pot.
- Continue heating over low heat until fully hot but NOT boiling.
- Add paprika, pepper and pepper sauce.
- Serve hot.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.