Best Ever Peanut BrittleFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 12 ounces roasted salted peanuts, cashews, pistachios and/or pecans shopping list
- Fleur de sel or crushed Maldon sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Prep does not include cooling of recipe
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water, butter and corn syrup and bring to a boil.
- Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the caramel is light brown and registers 300° on a candy thermometer, 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and carefully stir in the baking soda. The mixture will bubble.
- Stir in the nuts, then immediately scrape the brittle onto a large rimmed, nonstick baking sheet.
- Using the back of a large spoon (oil it lightly if it sticks), spread the brittle into a thin, even layer.
- Sprinkle with salt. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Break the brittle into large shards.
- Make Ahead The brittle can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
This is one of my husband's favorites, but it has gotten expensive to buy. I will try this, it sounds great!flipflop in Montgomery loved it
we usually buy the packaged kind but this sounds great!herby in Albany loved it
mmmmmmmmmmm can't wait to try this!
glendaayngelwing in Vancouver British Columbia loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Quick N Easy123 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
The Wonderful World Of Peanut Butter56 members
No Bake Desserts24 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
A Candy Jar95 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members