Portuguese Apple FrittersFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 3 large golden delicious apples shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup anise liqueur, such as Anisette or ouzo shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- vegetable oil, for deep–frying shopping list
- confectioner's sugar, for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples into rounds about 1/8 in (4mm) thick.
- Toss the apples, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the liqueur, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, milk, oil, and eggs together in a bowl.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon and stir until smooth.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Pour enough oil to come halfway up the sides of a large skillet and heat over high heat to 350°F (180°C).
- In batches, dip the drained apple slices in the batter.
- Deep-fry about 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm, dusted with confectioner's sugar.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
Yowza! Wouldn't this be a wonderful dish to set before the king on Christmas morning? Yes! it would, midge. Thanks and my 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
yum!herby in Albany loved it
This looks and sounds so mouthwatering, Midge! Thanks for posting this, an easy 5 from me!juels in Clayton loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Party Food316 members
All Holidays135 members
Delicious Foods39 members
A Fruity World45 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Apples Plain And Simple57 members
Anything Fried68 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members