Stuffed MushroomsFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
- 12 baby Portobello mushrooms shopping list
- 1 pound of mild or hot italian sausage removed from the casing shopping list
- 1 bunch of finely chopped long green onions shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbls of olive oil shopping list
- 4 slices of prosciutto finely chopped shopping list
- 2 or 3 finely chopped plum tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and remove stems from the mushrooms and chop fine.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Saute stems, onions, garlic and prosciutto for 1 minute in the remaining oil.
- Add sausage and cook breaking up the sausage in little pieces.
- Drain the mixture and let cool.
- Stir in tomatoes, bread crumbs,parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff mushrooms and top with a little mozzarella.
- Place the mushrooms on a cookie sheet and broil for around 5 minutes being careful not to burn the tops.