Guinness Batter Onion RingsFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
How to make it
- Separate the onion slices into rings. Whisk 2 cups of the coating mix with the Guinness Stout until smooth. In another bowl, add the corn meal to the remainder of the coating mix and combine.
- Preheat Canola oil 2/3 full in a deep fryer or deep kettle to 375F.
- Coat the onion rings in the batter a few at a time. Dust or roll in the dry coating mix then drop into hot oil. Cook for 4 minutes then turn out onto paper towels to drain.
- Salt lightly. Make them in batches and serve hot with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.
- These Are Great Served with A Spicy Mayonaise Sauce:
- 1 Cup Mayonaise
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons Horseradish Sauce (Jar Sauce)