Spaghetti Sauce With VodkaFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 white onions peeled and chopped shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup vodka mixed with 1 tablespoon white vinegar shopping list
- 2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 large cans whole tomatoes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil shopping list
- 1 pound mushrooms cleaned and sliced shopping list
- 8 ounce jar pimiento stuffed green olives with juice reserved shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until limp.
- While onions are cooking season with pepper then add vodka mixture in 3 additions.
- Allow to reduce to glaze after each addition.
- Add beef to onion mixture and sauté until browned.
- Purée or crush tomatoes and their juices then add to beef mixture.
- Add basil, mushrooms, olives and reserved olive juice.
- Stir in parsley then simmer for 3 hours stirring occasionally.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!