German Chocolate Cake FrostingFrom thyme4ma 6 years ago
- 9 oz evaporated milk, (not condensed) shopping list
- 1 cup real maple syrup shopping list
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten shopping list
- 6 oz butter shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 7 oz shredded coconut shopping list
- 7 oz chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, or you own recipe, enough for two layers shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy sauce pan combine the evaporated milk, maple syrup, egg yolks, butter and vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and is golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a wire whip, whip until cool, and stir in coconut and nuts.
- Set aside.
- Bake your chocolate cake with two layers.
- Cover the top of one cake with one cup of frosting.
- Place second layer on that.
- Top second layer with remaining frosting.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
The Cookthyme4ma Kissimmee, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!