Sloppy Joe Meatballs Dated 1958From chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 large egg beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 medium onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano crushed shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil shopping list
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 2-3 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine egg, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of the onion and oregano in a large mixing bowl.
- Add ground beef and mix well then shape into 42 meatballs.
- Arrange in a single layer in a rectangular baking pan then bake 15 minutes then drain.
- Cook remaining onion and sweet pepper in hot oil in large saucepan until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, mustard, chili powder, pepper, garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to boiling then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.