Herb Roasted Rabbit And PotatoesFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
- 4 pounds rabbit, cut into 8 pieces, rinsed and patted dry shopping list
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 24 large cloves garlic shopping list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 ounces Slab bacon, rind removed and cut into 1" cubes shopping list
- 6 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves OR 2 tablespoons Dried shopping list
- rosemary shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- coarse salt, to taste, optional shopping list
- 6 sprigs rosemary, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Place the potatoes and garlic cloves in a lg. shallow roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 T. of the olive oil, and toss to coat. Bake for 30
- While the potatoes and garlic are roasting, combine the bacon and 2 T. of the oil in a lg. skillet, and place over low heat. Cook just until the bacon begins to wilt. Then remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, and set it aside.
- Saute the rabbit, in batches if necessary, in the skillet, setting the pieces aside as they are browned. Reserve 2 T. of the pan drippings.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven, and reduce the heat to 350.
- Add the rabbit, rosemary, pepper, coarse salt, reserved pan drippings, and remaining 3 T. oil to the roasting pan with the potatoes and garlic. Toss thoroughly, and return the pan to the oven. Bake for 20 mins.
- Sprinkle the reserved bacon over the top, and bake until the meat is tender and the vegetables are golden, another 20 mins.
- Arrange the mixture on a warmed platter, and garnish with the rosemary sprigs.