Wild Rice PuddingFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 cups half & half shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups well-cooked wild rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Prep time does not include cooking of the wild rice.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a small saucepan, scald half & half; set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar ntil frothy.
- Stir in cinnamon, salt, vanilla, wild rice, raisins and alonds.
- Gradually stir in half & half.
- Divide mixture evenly between six 6-ounce custard cups.
- Place in large mtal baking pan; fill with hot water to within 1-inch of top of custard ups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out
- Remove custard cups from pan.
- Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
this is an upgrade on the regular stuff. good job.lumpy1 in Markham loved it
sounds like a great variation... nice post..^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Rice pudding is such an old-fashioned dessert yet it is still one of my favorites, midge!. I have never used wild rice in it before but can almost taste that nutty flavor. Thanks and a definite FIVE.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it