Homemade PancakesFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
How to make it
- Beat egg whites until stiff - set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, add sugar and salt, beat in.
- Add baking powder, beat until just mixed in well.
- Add flour, milk, and oil. Beat until smooth(not too much otherwise the baking powder won't react correctly) add vanilla.
- Add egg whites to batter and FOLD gently. Let batter sit for 15-30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Pour about a 1/2 cup of batter into a buttered greased frying pan
- or skillet and brown these lightly on both sides (watching for the bubbles...you will know when to turn them by the amout of bubbles that have popped and by the rising of the pancake)
- Good Luck and Enjoy!