Mexican Cannellini BeansFrom jeef_boner 8 years ago
- 1/2 butternut squash shopping list
- 1 regular onion shopping list
- 2 440g tins cannellini beans shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic shopping list
- handful fresh coriander shopping list
- 1/2tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 440g tin diced tomatoes shopping list
- 250ml stock (chicken or vegetable) shopping list
- 2 anchovy fillets shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 25g butter shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Diced the squash (or pumpkin if you so desire - either way you'll need about 500g) and place on a baking tray along with three of the garlic cloves. Coat with olive oil and roast off for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice the onion small and sweat off in a large heavy base pan in the butter and some olive oil, adding the rest of the garlic (chopped) after a couple of minutes.
- As the onions are almost done, add the paprika, cumin and chopped coriander, stir and sautee for a minute or two.
- Add the tomatoes, anchovies and stock to the pan and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- By now your squash should be roasted off. Remove it from the oven and add to the mix on the stovetop along with the beans.
- Reduce heat to minimum required to keep mix hot, and simmer, uncovered, stirring (very gently!) occasionally for up to another 90 minutes (the longer the better) to allow the squash to absorb some moisture and start to dissolve into the mix.
- Season to taste (if you've used anchovy this will not need salt!).