Rasberry FinanciersFrom frandee 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) almond flour (meal) or ground blanched almonds shopping list
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) confectioners' (powdered or icing) sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- fresh raspberries shopping list
- boat shaped molds (barquettes) or use madelaine tins or small muffin tins shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the center of the oven. Place the almond flour (meal) or blanched almonds on a baking sheet and bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F . Place 12 boat shaped molds/madelaine or muffin tins on a large baking sheet. Remove in 5 minutes and grease with clarified butter.
- To make the clarified butter: Place 1/2 cup unsalted butter in a saucepan over medium low heat. Once the butter has melted let it come to a boil. As it boils you will notice that a foam will appear on the surface.
- Continue to cook the butter until it looks clear and the milk solids have dropped to the bottom of the pan and have turned dark brown.
- Remove from heat and immediately strain through a cheesecloth-lined strainer.
- Let cool to room temperature before using.
- You will have more than 1/3 cup of clarified butter. Use the remaining butter to grease the molds.
- Using a pastry brush lightly grease the molds and allow the butter to set.
- Set aside while you make the batter.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, ground almonds, powdered sugar and salt.
- Fold in the lightly beaten egg whites, vanilla, and the 1/3 cup clarified butter.
- Fill each mold almost to the rim and bake for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place a few berries on top of each.
- Return the molds to the oven and bake a further 5-7 minutes or until the Financiers have become light brown on top and are springy to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- These are best eaten the same day you make them.