Purple Sauce PilafFrom ozgeolcay 6 years ago
- 80g bulgur/cous-cous/quinoa/rice or pasta* shopping list
- 70g texturized minced soy shopping list
- 2 beets, boiled, peeled and grated shopping list
- 125g plain thick yogurt shopping list
- dill, amount to taste shopping list
- onion powder shopping list
- garlic powder/fresh crushed garlic shopping list
- cumin, pepper, cayenne etc. to taste shopping list
- salt shopping list
- oil/butter to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. add 4 parts of water to one part of bulgur. Or you could adjust the amoung of water to cook it to desired softness. Add onion powder, garlic, oil, seasonings and let simmer.
- 2. when the grain reaches the desired softness, add enough water for the texturized soy to soak up, then add in the texturized soy. Let simmer until the pilafs just moist enough to let the yogurt sauce blend in.
- 3. dump in the yogurt, grated beets, dill and give it all a good stir. add salt if lacking. let rest until it reaches the room temperature. in fact, the more it sits, the better it gets. When it cools down, drizzle a little with something sour like mustard, lemon, lime, vinegar, etc.
- *if you're using pasta, skip the first step and stir cooked pasta in with yogurt and beets at the end.
- Enjoy! (Better right out of the fridge!)
The Cookozgeolcay Istanbul, TR
The Rating3 people
My sister will love this one. I don't care for beets but she loves them, so 5 for her!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I love cookin' with Beets.....turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
Oh, I almost missed this one! Love bulgur and beets! Can't wait to try this! Flagged as beautiful.juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!