Baked Potatoe SoupFrom marriage 6 years ago
- 2 Large baking potatoes (1 lb) shopping list
- 1 Bunch fresh chives shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chives shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper shopping list
- 4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 slices of bacon , cooked and crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Bake potatoes at 425 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes, until tender
- Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp.
- In a large saucepan melt butter then add in 1/4 fresh chives finely chopped stir for about 1 minute then stir in flour and continue stirring until flour is well incorporated.
- Add dill, salt , pepper
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Add potato pulp and 1/2 of shredded cheese, stir untl cheese melts.
- To serve garnish each serving with remaining cheese , finely chopped chives, crumbled bacon.
- **** teaspoon of sour cream never hurt anyone either.****