Heavenly Shrimp Scampi - AllFreshSeafoodcomFrom toddpacker 5 years ago
- The garlic infused butter/oil mixture gives the perfect amount of flavor to this dish without overpowering it. shopping list
- 2 lbs lg. shrimp - peeled & deveined shopping list
- 3-4 large garlic cloves - slashed several times with a knife toward root end but leave whole shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
- 1 cup sauvinion blanc shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesano reggiano shopping list
- 1 lb. thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta shopping list
- 2 tsp. coarse black pepper shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter & olive oil over med. heat in a large saute pan. Drop in the garlic cloves and remove pan from heat. Press down on the garlic to help open and expose the flesh to the hot oil and leave them to infuse (but not burn) the oil for about 30 min. (use this time to clean shrimp). Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, then drain. Meanwhile, remove the garlic cloves from the oil and discard. Return the saute pan to the burner over med. high heat. At this point, the pasta must be ready and the remaining ingredients must be assembled before the shrimp are started. Saute the shrimp in the hot oil until they turn pink, tossing frequently, about 1-1/2 - 2 minutes. Add the wine and lemon juice, then the pasta, pepper and parmesan cheese. Toss everything together and serve immediately in big bowls, garnished with parsley and bread served on the side.
- Makes six hearty servings.