Baked Ziti with Ricotta LayerFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 1 pound box ziti pasta shopping list
- 2 jars Prego 3 cheese pasta sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder or salt shopping list
- ¼ cup dehydrated diced onions shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 pint ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 cup grated Italian blend cheese (or blend of asiago, romano and provolone) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely diced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 recipe Italian meatballs (recipe posted separately) shopping list
- 2 cups grated Italian blend cheese, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare ziti as directed on box; drain well.
- Heat pasta sauce in pan, adding sugar, garlic salt or powder, and onions, adjusting seasoning to your taste.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and stir in cheeses and parsley.
- Prepare meatball recipe and cook meatballs to almost done (leaving them just a little underdone will prevent overbaking when baking the casserole).
- In a large roasting pan or similar pan, spread some of the pasta sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix remaining sauce with the cooked ziti and then place ½ of the ziti mixture in the bottom of the pan, over the sauce layer.
- Drop/spread the ricotta cheese mixture over the ziti layer.
- Place the remaining half of ziti mixture over the cheese layer.
- Place the meatballs over the top of the ziti mixture.
- Cover meatball layer with the 2 cups Italian cheeses.
- Bake at 325 degrees until heated through and bubbly – about 45 minutes to an hour.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!