Middle Eastern Green Leaf and Herb Jam with OlivesFrom lori4flavor 4 years ago
- 8 oz. fresh baby spinach leaves shopping list
- handful of celery leaves shopping list
- 3 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 6-8 black olives, pitted and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 large bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 large bunch of cilantro leaves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp Spanish smoked paprika shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- crusty bread or toasted flat bread for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Put spinach and celery leaves in a steamer and steam until tender. Refresh the leaves under cold running water. Put the steamed leaves on a wooden cutting board and chop to a pulp.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in heavy-bottom casserole, add the garlic and cumin seeds, and cook over medium heat for 1-2 mins., stirring until they emit a nutty aroma. Stir in the olives with the parsley and cilantro and add the paprika. Toss in the pulped spinach and celery and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 10 mins, or until the mixture is smooth and compact. Season with salt and pepper to taste and let cool.
- Turn the mixture into a bowl and bind with the remaining oil and lemon juice. Serve with fresh crusty bread, or warm toasted flat bread for dipping.
- *Jam will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator, with a layer of olive oil on top, for up to 5 days.
The Cooklori4flavor Chicago, IL
The Rating3 people
Lori , I love the dip idea just in time for New Years eve. The flavors sound wonderful.
Five forks and another smile :)
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Love it, love it, love it!!! What great combo of ingredients here, can't wait to try this out!juels in Clayton loved it
Luisa was right!! I do like this. It would be a killer condiment for most any kind of meat or veggie... Nice job Lori!!
jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
From Middle Eastern Lands252 members
Appetizers And Dips266 members
My BEST Appetizer I Takemake For Parties110 members
Dips Incredible Dips155 members
I Love Yogurt56 members
Olive You Very Much52 members
Popeyes Paradise A Spinach Place66 members
Jellies And Jams Oh My50 members
Marinades Rubs And Glazes90 members