Old-fashioned Fried Apple PiesFrom dcwins 7 years ago
- 1 c cored, chopped granny smith apples, or similar pie apples. shopping list
- 1/4 c orange juice, divided shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 t orange zest shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- 2 t cornstarch shopping list
- Uncooked pastry dough shopping list
- 1/4 c butter, melted shopping list
- canola oil for deep-frying shopping list
- Confectioners sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine apples, 3 tbsp orange juice, sugar, orange zest and salt; cover and cook gently for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Dissolve cornstarch in remaining tbsp orange juice; stir into hot mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and smooth. Cool.
- Thinly roll out pastry; cut into 6" rounds; brush melted butter onto pastry. Place 1 1/2 tbsp filling on each round; moisten edges with water, fold in half and seal edges well with fork. Prick a few small vent holes in tops of pies. Deep fry in oil heated to 375º F for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Sift powdered sugar over tops just before serving (if desired).
The Cookdcwins Clinton, MO
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!