Curry DipFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2 cups whole milk yogurt shopping list
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil, like soy, peanut, or corn shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. Madras curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 Tbs. sweet mango chutney, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 scallion (white and green), thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 dashes hot sauce, or to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Drain the yogurt in a coffee filter or cheese cloth-lined siev and set over a bowl until thickened to about 1 cup, about 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the curry and cook, stirring, until fragrant about 30 seconds more.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the drained yogurt, curry mixture, mayonnaise, chutney, scallion, hot sauce, lime juice and coriander.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Yield: about 2 cups
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
I can imagine dipping my fingers into this dip. Your recipe caught my eye and now it's going to be served to guests. Thanks so much for posting it.pippy in loved it
Very interesting with the mango chutney here! Would love to try this one, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
Love Indian Food and curry - can't wait to try this one! Thanks for the post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it