Soft Molasses CookiesFrom sunnyflower 8 years ago
- 1 cup molasses shopping list
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- 3 cups plain/all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- small bowl of skim milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Put the molasses and sugar in a bowl.
- Add butter to boiling water and when it is melted, add to molasses mixture. Add sour cream and blend. Add remaining ingredients and blend well. Refridgerate for 1 hour.
- If dough is sticky, add a bit more flour. Roll into balls and put onto a greased baking tray. Leave room for expansion. Use a spoon dipped in milk to flatten cookies and make them shiny. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- If desired, top with cream cheese icing and sprinkles. Yum!