Cheese and Bacon wrapped Chicken on bed of creamed leeksFrom gemmaloolaa 7 years ago
- For the chicken: - shopping list
- 2 chicken breast fillets shopping list
- 4oz cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rosemary shopping list
- 4 slices bacon shopping list
- For the Leeks:- shopping list
- 2 oz butter shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 chopped garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- 2 finely sliced leeks shopping list
- 200ml double cream (subsitute for soured cream/creme fraiche for a healthier alternative) shopping list
- salt and black pepper to season. shopping list
How to make it
- Prehat oven to 200 degrees c.
- Cut chicken fillets lengthways to create an inner pocket.
- Mix together the cheese and rosemary and stuff into the chicken pocket.
- Wrap the breast in bacon.
- Grease or line a baking tray and put chicken on and cover with clingfilm and then a layer of silver foil.
- Pop in oven for approx 30 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken fillet, until chicken cooked through.
- Put back in the oven ,uncovered, for 5 minutes to crisp bacon.
- Prepare the leeks by heating the butter in a frying pan and adding the garlic, onion and leek.
- Saute for 2 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add double cream/creme fraiche and season to taste.
- Put leeks on a plate and top with the chicken.
The Cookgemmaloolaa Telford, GB
The Rating3 people
I love this recipe the chicken with rosemary and bacon is a wonderful combination.
Those creamed leeks are spectacular as a side to lamb too.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
I agree with Trigger ~ this is an excellent combination and I can't wait to taste it. You more than deserve my 5 forks!peepers in loved it
I just made this but with a slight variation. I had no rosemary and simply had the chicken fillet with cheddar inside and bacon wrapped round without anything else but a salad. However i found the addition of salt and pepper before the oven stage rea...moreYummySimon in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!