Chipotle Brisket with Sweet PotatoesFrom breezeatdawn 8 years ago
- 1 c. beer shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 chipotle canned in adobo sauce, seeded and minced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. pure ancho chile powder shopping list
- 1 (4-lb.) beef brisket, trimmed of surface fat shopping list
- 3 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3-in pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Mix beer, cornmeal, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, salt, chipotle and garlic in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Rub chile powder into brisket; place in slow cooker and turn to coat. Cover and cook on high 6 hours.
- Add potatoes; cook 3 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Remove meat and potatoes; skim fat from sauce. Slice meat and return with potatoes to the sauce; cover and keep warm up to 2 hours.
The Cookbreezeatdawn Shakopee, MN
The Rating2 people
WOW, What A Great Sounding Brisket! Nice Blend Of Flavors Goin' On In There. Saving This For The Next Time I Cook Brisket.
Waddaya Think 'bout Popping the Brisket On the Smoker For An Hour Or So To Get Some Of That Essence?
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!