honeyed vodka krupnikFrom lumpy1 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 stick cinnamon shopping list
- 1 whole kernel nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2-inch slice raw ginger root shopping list
- 1/2 vanilla pod shopping list
- 6 whole cloves shopping list
- 4 whole juniper berries shopping list
- peel of one orange removed by vegetable peeler shopping list
- peel of 1/2 lemon removed by vegetable peeler shopping list
- 2 cups honey shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 bottle (750 ml) 100 proof vodka shopping list
How to make it
- in a clean unchipped enamel or stainless steel pot combine the 1 1/2 cups water, spices, and peels and bring to a boil.
- remove from heat, allow to cool, cover and set aside in cool place to steep for 7 days.
- strain mixture carefully through coffee filters several times until clear. discard spices.
- boil honey with the one cup of water. remove any material that may rise to the surface with a slotted spoon. this makes for a clearer brew. cool.
- in a large, clean 1.75-liter bottle, combine the spice liquid with the honey liquid. mix together. fill the rest of the bottle with 100 proof vodka or substitute a lower proof vodka to make a less potent cordial. wait one month before serving for flavors to pull together.
- makes approximately 1.75 liter bottle
The Cooklumpy1 Markham, IL
The Rating4 people
Sounds very warming. What do are the medicinal uses are they listed? Juniper berries are easy for me. I just have to walk out in my yard a few feet. I have bunches of juniper trees all around me. Have been wanting to collecti pine nuts too but h...moredragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
So what kind of medicinal purposes do you use this for? LOL The drink sounds interesting and unique. Another great recipe, thanks for sharing!juels in Clayton loved it
Ahhhh Juniper berries, if only they were easily obtainable :(
I LOVE this recipe and so does my Father-in-law. We made a similar drink this past Wigilia and it packs quite a punch!!! Thanks so much for sharing and high "5" to you and your your r...morelor in Toronto loved it