Spaghetti With Red Clam SauceFrom mrspotatohead 6 years ago
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 (28 ounce) can ground tomatoes, undrained (I like Muir Glen) or crushed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2 (10 ounce) cans baby clams, undrained shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste shopping list
- hot cookd spaghetti (or linguine) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, cook garlic in oil over medium heat apx 30 seconds.
- Add black and red pepper. Cook and stir 30 seconds longer.
- Drain clams, reserving juice. Set clams aside.
- Add clam juice and tomatoes to skillet. Stir in basil and anchovy paste. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes until desired consistancy is reached.
- Stir in clams. Heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti or linguine.