Pumpkin - Spice BagelsFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 2/3 cups warm water, divided shopping list
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 pkg dry active yeast shopping list
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree shopping list
- 3 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 4 tsp vital wheat gluten shopping list
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
How to make it
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine ¼ cup warm water, 2 tbsp of the brown sugar and the yeast. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining water and sugar, and pumpkin puree.
- Whisk together flour, gluten and spice, begin beating into the yeast mixture.
- Beat in salt. Dough will be very stiff.
- Knead 10 minutes with the mixer.
- Place in a clean, oiled bowl, cover and allow to rise 1 ½ hours or until doubled.
- Punch dough down, separate into 8 (4-oz) pieces.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape each piece into a ball, flatten slightly and use your fingers to poke a hole about 1 ½” wide in the middle.
- Rest, covered, for 30 minutes longer.
- Preheat oven to 400F, line 2 baking sheets with parchment or SilPat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add honey.
- Place 2 bagels at a time into the water and let boil for 1 minute, flipping after 30 seconds.
- Scoop out with a slotted spoon and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes, one sheet at a time.
- Cool on a rack.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Yum! Bagels are so good and low-fat. I always appreciate your info. Thank you!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Back To Basics346 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
Weight Watchers282 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Cooking With Kids38 members