Thanksgiving Morning Pumpkin MuffinsFrom kitchenscientist 7 years ago
- 1 ½ C unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 C whole wheat pastry flour (or just use 2 1/2 C all-purpose flour total) shopping list
- 2 C sugar (preferably raw cane sugar) shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 T cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ tsp allspice shopping list
- ¼ tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree shopping list
- ¾ C walnut oil shopping list
- ½ C walnuts, minimally chopped (large pieces) shopping list
- Topping: 1-2 T raw sugar; ¼ tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Recipe will fill a 12-cup muffin tin plus 2 mini loaf pans.
- Spray or grease muffin tin(s) and/or loaf pan(s).
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until well combined.
- Add pumpkin and stir to combine.
- Add oil gradually (otherwise it makes a slick that’s hard to incorporate), stirring to mix well.
- Add wet ingredients and mix. Do not over-mix.
- Add walnuts, stirring just to combine.
- Fill 12 regular-sized muffin cups plus two mini-loaf pans.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon/sugar topping mixture to make tops hard and crunchy.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until tops are firm and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
The Cookkitchenscientist Sterling, AK
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!