Italian MeatballsFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- ½ cup finely crushed Marie Callender French bread garlic croutons shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- ½ pound ground chuck shopping list
- ½ pound ground veal shopping list
- ½ cup ground pork (unseasoned) shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese shopping list
- 1 onion, finely diced shopping list
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, put through a garlic press shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt (I use sea salt) shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, pour milk over crushed croutons; add beaten egg and mix together well.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix together gently (overworking the meat will result in tough meatballs). It is easiest to use your hands for the mixing process!
- When ingredients are well blended, form mixture into golf ball size meatballs (or whatever size you prefer).
- Freeze whatever you will not be using immediately.
- Lightly coat bottom of a large skillet with olive oil; fry meatballs on all sides over medium heat just to brown them.
- Spoon off excess grease from skillet before adding your favorite spaghetti sauce to the pan; simmer very gently for about 1 hour.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
Guess i need this last one to go with the baked ziti and meatballs hahaha so lets have some meatballs.......yummy
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I don't eat veal but my sister does. She loves this recipe so ^ 5 for her.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!