Middle Eastern Salad PlateFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 2 medium cucumbers shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse black pepper shopping list
- 1 15- or 16-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) shopping list
- 1/2 cup tahini (see note below) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 8 large pita bread rounds shopping list
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. For salad, peel cucumbers, if desired. Chop cucumbers and tomatoes; toss together with parsley, vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Cover and chill.
- 2. Wrap pita rounds in foil and heat in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until warm.
- 3. Meanwhile, to make hummus, drain chickpeas, reserving liquid. In food processor bowl combine chickpeas, tahini, and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of remaining olive oil, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and process until smooth, adding enough chickpea liquid until hummus is same consistency as thick oatmeal.
- 4. Cut warm pita rounds into wedges. Spoon hummus onto plates, drizzle with remaining olive oil, and sprinkle with red pepper. Serve with cucumber and tomato salad.
- Makes 6 side-dish servings.
- Note: Tahini, a puree of sesame seeds, can be found in large supermarkets, Middle Eastern markets, or other specialty food stores.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating4 people
Yeah, sounds great!!!meals4abby in Valders loved it
A local restaurant here serves something like this as an appetizer - it is SO GOOD...I have to try this at home - the stuff is addictive!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
oh yes!!!!!!!!!! love it....... bring it on grizz
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!